“What is a physician assistant? What exactly do they do? Why is there so much value and respect associated with that profession? Well, according to the American Heritage Dictionary, a P.A is “A person trained to provide a variety of medical services, usually under the supervision of a physician”. Physician assistant’s are very high in demand and the best part about this profession is that a P.A is able to work in any speciality they want any day because they are trained to be able to work in different specialities.
5 reason’s why Physician Assistant’s have the best job:
5. High future employment outlook.
As a kid, I have always dreamt of a career in medicine and the reason is not for something like money or prestige. The reason that I want to become a P.A is to have the satisfaction that I know I will get when I make a difference in someone’s life. I am currently shadowing Dr.Nischal who is P.A in gynaecology. One of the requirements for P.A school is shadowing a P.A for at least 200 hours. Below I will list all the requirements a person needs to be accepted/considered in a Physician Assistant school. There isn’t a list online that is simple and tells you what you need. You have to do a lot of research to know what you need for P.A school’s since some have different requirements. That’s why I decided to make one simple common list (that can be used for most school) for my readers which will help them make their application process a little bit easier. However this list is made on my experience there may be different requirements for some particular schools. The best this you can do is do individual school reasearch for each school when applying.
1. Make a Caspa account. Through this website you will have apply to all P.A programs you are interested in.
2. Take the GRE’s and aim for a 70th percentile and above.
3. Shadow a P.A and get a recommendation letter from him/her.
4. Get at least 4 recommendation letter’s excluding the P.A.
5. Get voluntary clinical hours at least 200-300.
6. Maintain a 3.2 GPA and above.
7. Take all the required science course’s. Which are listed here.
If you have any questions feel free to email me I will try my level best to help you answer any questions you may have for the admission process. My email is email@example.com